What's old from 2015
- Between August 12 and September 30, I created a daily YouTube series called "Bad Films". Here are the descriptions.
- On September 26 I moderated the public master class presentation from Dennis Jackson, this year's recipient of the Distinguished Alumni Award from the Department of Film from the University of Regina. The presentation and talk were held at the Artesian in Regina. (See University external communications story)
- God Daughter, Dance, Price Includes Packaging, and Heavy Machinery Has Right of Way from 25 Short Films in and about Saskatchewan were screened as part of the Armenian Center for Contemporary Experimental Art (NPAK) in Yerevan, Armenia from July 14-28.
- Defying Extinction, a collaboration with graduate students Ken Wilson, Dianne Ouellette, An An, and Rania Al Harthi, made up of 16mm hand processed films made within the summer "Analog Film" course, was screened at the YAAG Outdoor Annex on Friday June 19 in its original celluloid form with simultaneous positive/negative video conversion. Program notes.
- Splice Magazine (spring 2015 issue) published by the Saskatchewan Filmpool carried my article "The Long and the Tall of It: a look at two recent films by Berny Hi". The cover of this issue is a photographic portrait I took of filmmaker Berny Hi.
- Matchbox Weekend was premiered at this year's One Take Super 8 Event (Regina edition) on June 4. Also presented was the audience favorite, Monster in the Dark by William Bessai-Saul for which I was cinematographer.
- Star Bright, Meagre Might screened at IPUFF (International Puppet Underground Film Festival), May 29 in Regina.
- Mr. Saul and the Ecard was shown at the Screening Under the Steeple in Regina on May 22. The screening featured the theme "prairie gothic - from the heart", curated by Karen Elliott.
- On May 21, The Terrible Film Festival was held at the YAAG and featured hand-processed films by me and my graduate class in analog filmmaking, Ken Wilson, An An, Rania Al Harthi, and Dianne Ouellette. I premiered Dinosaur Love Story which was a collaboration with William. This event is presented as part of the Cathedral Village Arts Festival.
- GerFilm II was shown at the Independent Visions Screening - "From the Vault" curated by Mike Rollo at the Regina Public Library on May 4.
- Research presentation at UofR for NMSL showcase, March 20.
- Star Bright, Meagre Might premiered at the International Festival of Animated Objects in Calgary on March 15 within the "Prairie Puppet Underground" screening to a sold out crowd.
- The International Festival of Animated Objects will also present a collection of work including It's About Time to a group of high school students in Airdrie, Alberta.
- Lebendiger Himmel was shown at the $100 Film Festival in Calgary, February 28.
... and for "What's Old - 2014 CLICK HERE
... and for "What's Old - 2013" CLICK HERE
... and even MORE? -- Go to "What's Old", an archive of events of 2012...