What's Old (2013)
- Modern was exhibited in three chapters, projected simultaneously, with live musical accompaniment at PAVED Arts in Saskatoon as part of the Core Concert series "Process/Failure" on November 29 and 30. The music was improvised by Erin Brophey (Oboe), Richard Carnegie (Bass), and Stephanie Unverricht (Bassoon).
- Grain: Seeds was shown as part of the Saskatchewan Filmpool's Premiere Screening lineup on November 28 in Regina.
- Regina 25 was screened at the Open City Cinema, "Lines of Perspective" program in Winnipeg, November 26.
- The Golem of Socks has been added to the SAW Mediatheque video website.
- The Terrible Film Festival, featuring 16mm hand-processed and manipulated films by my Film 412 class at the University of Regina once again graced the screens of Regina on November 10, this year at the Artful Dodger.
- Grain: Seeds had its Canadian premiere at the Antimatter Film Festival in Victoria on October 30 (labeled, honestly at the time, the "world premiere" but a booking in Oklahoma two months later ended up screening five days earlier. Sorry Todd).
- Grain: Seeds had its American premiere at the Red Dirt International Film Festival in Stillwater Oklahoma, Oct 25-26.
- On September 28, Moments; tiny, small, and modern premiered as part of Culture Days at the Plaza Dance Party in Regina, hosted by the Saskatchewan Filmpool and the Creative City Centre.
- It's About Time was shown at the "Poetry and Film" event through the Filmpool hosted by Kelly Riess (held at Neutral Ground in Regina). The event was scheduled for June 20 was postponed due to flooding in the building and rescheduled and held on July 18. There was a Q&A with me and the poets after the screening/reading.
- On Monday June 24 from 10:00am - 1:00pm, Geremy Lague presented his work on the camera obscura (entitled "Stereobscura") with a performance at the newly named Yellow Argyle Art Garage (YAAG) behind my house.
- Thomas Edison and the Stitchpunk Frankenstein Monster and Mr. Saul and the E-Card was shown on June 14 at the Winnipeg Underground Film Festival (WUFF) as part of the 90 Second Challenge.
- I presented
at the 11th (semi) annual
One Take Super-8 Event in Regina on June 13 to a sold out crowd. It featured subtitles added during the screening with a separate overhead projector.
- "MNDR" was presented by curator Mircea Bochis at the Night of the Museums, May 25, in Maia Mare (Romania).
- Two episodes of "Mr. Saul's Digital Utopia" were screened at the Screening Under the Steeple event in Regina during the Cathedral Village Arts Festival in May (Mr. Saul and the Actress and Mr. Saul and Evolution).
- Canister the Robot artist trading cards, series 3, "Canister and the Oracle's Necktie" are on display at the MacKenzie Art Gallery as part of the Regina ATC collective's 10th anniversary, April 27 - September 1. And speaking of Canister, I made another collage comic with him ("Canister and the Big Bust") for the comic jam hosted by Allan Dotson at the Cathedral Village Arts Festival on May 20. It is available online via issuu.
- It's About Time, my new puppet film, was screened at the International Puppet Underground Film Festival in Regina, April 6.
- On March 16, Wheat Soup was shown at the Saskatchewan Filmpool to commemorate the Filmpool's 35th anniversary and Wheat Soup's 25th anniversary.
- From January 18 to April 14, 2013, I am exhibiting "Grain: the inside and the outside" as an installation at the MacKenzie Art Gallery in Regina.
- On March 8, 2013 my film "The Amazing Flying Marshmallow House" was shown at the $100 Film Festival in Calgary.
- On January 19 I screened a 16mm print of "Grain, I Can't See the Forest Through My Dreams" at the MacKenzie Art Gallery.
... and MORE old stuff, click to see Gerald Saul events of 2012...