What's old from 2014
- Ready-Mades screened in New York City at the LightboxNYC near Time Square, November 11-18.
- Participated in podcast "Two Idahoan Potato Farmers" in on air brainstorm session of new film idea, (Episode 9, Hansel and Girdle, premiered November 10)
- Grain: Gas had its Canadian premiere at the Antimatter Film Festival (Oct 17-Nov 1)
- Davin School Train Secrets and Getting Around (Regina 24), two of my short sabbatical_videos, recut to be played silent, were shown at the CASA Gallery in Lethbridge, Alberta on their new giant outdoor screen as part of the "Silent Treatment" exhibition curated by Darcy Logan on September 6, and reprised for culture days on September 26 and 27.
- I performed as Professor Delusia during the Dunlop Art Gallery "Living Pictures" event at Victoria Park, August 19 and was awarded best depiction of a character from an independent film.
- Grain: Gas premiered at the Underground Short Film Festival in Cork, Ireland, August 9-16.
- Grain: Seeds was programmed into the Frozen Film Festival in San Francisco on July 19.
- Rockem, Sockem, Canister, my new contribution to the One Take Super 8 Event, was screened in Saskatoon at the Roxy on July 8.
- A set of six (of seven) stereoscopic cards
"Rerun: The Misadventures of Canister, the Robot from Belion 7": Canister Loses His Head, featuring Canister the Robot are on displane at the MacKenzie Art Gallery in an uncurated exhibition for the anniversary of the Regina Artist Trading Card collective, June.
- As part of the Cathedral Village Arts Festival, I created a page for the collective "comic jam" comic: Canister and the Inevitability Syndrome.
- Two videos, based upon recent works by poets Anthony Hubbard (Fiction ou Realite) and Brigitte Gyre (untitled), were exhibited on June 15 in Paris as part of the French-English poetry festival at Cinema Galande, curated by Mircea Bochis.
- My film Mr. Saul versus the voice Recognition Software screened at this year's Screening Under the Steeple on May 23rd at the Artesian (Regina) curated by the Saskatchewan Filmpool (filmpool.ca).
- Film "Until We Part" (Grain film series) included in About The Image program by curator Mircea Bochis.
- My summer class of graduate students,
Kallie Garcia, Saqib Noman, Xin Shen, and Rania Al Harthi, presented art and film at my YAAG Gallery during the Cathedral Village Arts Festival on Thursday May 22.
- I curtated a retrospective of films by Jason Britski for the Filmpool which was screened at the RPL Film Theatre on March 25. NOTES
- March 8, interviewed for CTV news (Regina, local) regarding film students and the importance of the Living Skies Film Festival.
- Memories of Uncle's House was seen at 8 Fest in Toronto on January 26, 2014.
- In January, the Dunlop Art Gallery (Regina) published "DAG Volumes: No.2 (2013)" which contains an article IPUFF: International Puppet Underground Film Festival", pages 44-52, written by Christina Stojanova. Within it, she generously discusses my film It's About Time.
... and for "What's Old - 2013" CLICK HERE
... and even MORE? -- Go to "What's Old", an archive of events of 2012...