- Your name and institution,
- Your position (faculty member, postdoctoral researcher, graduate student, undergraduate student),
- Whether you will or will not attend an informal dinner (evening of May 27). There will be an extra charge for the dinner. Please indicate if you are bringing a guest.
- Whether you plan to give a talk or present a poster. Your title/abstract can be submitted with the registration or separately (note: separate deadline for abstract submissions).
- Please follow the links for more information about the City of Regina or Tourism in Regina
- Follow this link for more information about the University of Regina
Please see the linked University Map for the room location and parling information.
- Shaun Fallat (Regina); Hadi Kharaghani (Lethbridge); Steve Kirkland (Manitoba); Peter Lancaster (Calgary); Sarah Plosker (Brandon); Michael Tsatsomeros (Washington State); and Pauline van den Driessche (Victoria). Local Organizing Committee: Shaun Fallat, S. Ahmad Mojallal, Prateek K. Vishwakarma (Regina).
- The WCLAM Organising Committee gratefully acknowledges the generous support for this meeting we have received in the past for WCLAM as well current financial commitments from PIMS, ILAS, the Department of Mathematics & Statistics, and the Faculty of Science at the University of Regina.
Selected Pictures from WCLAM can be found here
The Western Canada Linear Algebra Meeting (WCLAM) provides an opportunity for mathematicians working in linear algebra and related fields to meet present accounts of their recent research, and to have informal discussions. While the meeting has a regional base, it also attracts people from outside the geographical area. Participation is open to anyone who is interested in attending or speaking at the meeting. We particularly encourage students (undergraduate or graduate) and postdoctoral fellows to register and present a talk if they wish. Partial travel support is available for students or postdoctoral fellows who intend to present a talk or submit a poster. To apply for travel support, please email Shaun Fallat at your earliest conveneience indicating your interest to participate at WCLAM 2023. This conference series has always provided a welcoming and informal atmoshpere aimed at promoting disucssion and collaboration at all levels!
Previous WCLAMs were held in Banff (2004, 2010), Brandon (2021), Regina (1993, 2002, 2014), Kananaskis (1996), Lethbridge (1995, 2012), Pullman (2018), Victoria (1998, 2006), and Winnipeg (2000, 2008, 2016).
The WCLAM '23 will be held at the University of Regina on May 27-28 and the program will include the following two featured speakers who will each present a 1-hour plenary lecture:
Jane Breen, Ontario Tech University
Leslie Hogben, Iowa State University_______________________________________
The current plan is for this conference to be held in person at the University of Regina. All talks will take
place in the Education Building Room # ED 193. However, we are open to
hosting some participants virtually via Zoom. More details will follow.
Participants who wish to present a 25-minute lecture or a poster should send a title/abstract to: email@example.com
To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
Student/Postdoctoral Travel Support: The conference organizers have secured funds to partially support the travel of students and/or postdoctoral fellows to present a talk or poster at WCLAM. If you are interested in applying for partial travel support please contact Shaun Fallat at email@example.com The available funds will be awarded in order of application received.
Registration Fee: $30 (Canadian), payable by cash or cheque (made out to the
University of Regina) at the meeting.
Note: The registration fee is waived for all students and postdoctoral fellows.
General Travel Information:
We have reserved a block of rooms at the
Royal Hotel Regina located at 4025 Albert St.
The agreed room rate (for 1 queen bed)
rate of $109 plus tax. Guests will need to call (306-586-6755 or toll free at 1-800-853-1181) the hotel to book
one of these rooms and give the code 052623MAT. This code will expire on April 26, 2023 .
The hotel is approximately a
a 20 minute walk from campus or you can easily use City of Regina transit buses 4 or 18
to get to campus in abut 8 minutes.
We have also reserved block of dorm-style rooms on campus that are available at a rate of $72. If you are interested in this option, then please email Hospitality Services at the University of Regina using the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org Please include the name of the conference ("Western Canadian Linear Algebra Meeting") in your email along with desried dates of your stay.